Acceptable Use Policy
By accessing this website and making use of any of its service “Website”, You agree, to comply with Smart Cloud’s Acceptable Use Policy as specified hereunder, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, or policies which are displayed to You in connection with this website. “You” shall mean You, the User of the Site. “We/Us/Smart Cloud” means Melita Limited and Smart Technologies Limited.
You acknowledge and agree not to use the Website for any of the following:
- To commit a criminal offence or in any case for any illegal purpose;
- To use and/or authorise, permit or tolerate any other party to use, the Website in violation of any law, regulation, guideline, decision or directive in force in Malta;
- To seek unauthorised access to any computer system;
- Communicating, distributing, or seeking unauthorised access of any software, data, or material protected by trade secret, copyright, patent or other intellectual property rights unless You are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
- Engage in excessive data transfer which disrupts other users’ experience;
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Website, or our networks or network security, or attempting to use the Website to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system;
- To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- To use the Website to harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any other person;
- To knowingly or recklessly transmit a computer virus;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- To use the Website in a way that would be a breach of privacy or confidentiality of others;
- To use the Service in a way that would breach the fair use or similar usage policies of any network to which access is gained;
- Anything which is in contravention of instructions given by Smart Cloud;
- To post, transmit, receive, upload or download any R-rated, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, indecent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive material;
- Employing a misleading email address or name or alter or falsify information in the header, footer, return path or any part of any communication, including without limitation any email transmitted through the Service;
- Attempting to discover (crack) the user identification or security of a host, network or account. This includes, without limitation, requesting data not intended for You, logging into a server or an account which You are not authorised to access, or testing its security without the permission of its owner;
- Attempting to disrupt any service, host or network. This includes, but is not limited to, the flooding of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a system or attempts to crash a system.
- To harass third parties through the use of language, the number of messages or the size of a message;
- Permitting any third party to do any of the above.
If You post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are solely responsible for the content of, and any harm and damages resulting from that Content. This is regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, You represent and warrant that the content does not infringe any of the rules stipulated in this Acceptable Use Policy.
You shall be responsible to take the necessary precautions to protect Your computer systems from viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other harmful matters.
Whilst Smart Cloud takes the necessary precautions to keep the Website fault free, and uninterrupted, Smart Cloud shall not be held liable for any harm or damages resulting from Your access or use of the Website.
We may change this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time and You should check it regularly. Your use of the Smart Cloud website will be subject to the Acceptable Use Policy on the Site at the time of each use.
Any site that You may connect to from here is not covered by this Acceptable Use Policy.
This Acceptable Use Policy was last updated on 8th June, 2021