Website Privacy & Cookie Notice
This Website Privacy & Cookie Notice is applicable to any personal information which is given by You to Us (“User Information”) via this web site. This Notice is devised to help You feel more confident about the privacy and security of your personal details. “You” shall mean you, the User of the Site. “We/Us/Smart Cloud” means Melita Limited and Smart Technologies Limited and any member of “Users” means the users of the Site collectively and/or individually as the context allows. We process personal data only in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Data Protection Act (Cap 586 of the laws of Malta) and any other applicable legislation.
What personal data do We collect?
Most of the data We collect is freely given by You in order to be contacted with the latest information from Us. As part of this exercise, We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Name and address;
- Contact details such as mobile number and email address; and
- Any feedback or requests you have lodged with Us.
How We collect personal data?
When using the Site and its services You may encounter areas such as contact forms, chat, games, competitions, video services and other features, where You may be asked to enter User Information. Such User Information will be used in accordance with this Website Privacy & Cookie Notice, for the purposes for which it was collected and for any other purposes specified at the collection point.
How do We process the personal data collected?
By entering Your User Information via this Site You accept that We may retain Your User Information and that it may be held by Us or any third party company which processes it on Our behalf.
We shall be entitled to use Your User Information for the following purposes:
- to contact You in relation to the product or service that You have registered your interest in or to assist you with any query You may have submitted;
- market research, including statistical analysis of User behaviour which We may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form;
- in order to enable Us to comply with any requirements imposed on Us by law or court order;
- to monitor compliance with our Acceptable Usage Policy; and
- in order to send You periodic communications (including but not limited to SMS or e-mail), about features, products and services, events and special offers related to our products and services. Such communications from Us may carry advertising for third party companies or organisations. For your convenience You can withdraw consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in e-mails/SMS sent from Us. Please also note that We do not disclose Your User Information to third parties to enable them to send You direct marketing without Your permission to do so.
How We share your personal data?
The recipients and processors of your Personal Data are Smart Cloud and Our employees. We may also transfer your Personal Data to Our intra-group companies, affiliates and agents, to other authorised electronic communications operators, public authority or law enforcement agency and to third parties that provide services to Smart Cloud. Whilst access by third parties is limited, sharing of personal data with them may be required for the purpose of gathering your feedback, being able to contact Us or for Us to contact you back, provide you the service requested, market research and to send you promotional offers.
Some third parties of whom Smart Cloud has a contractual relationship with, may be located outside of the EU. In doing so Smart Cloud ensures that the 3rd party recipients are either subject to an adequacy decision or to appropriate safeguards in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any other applicable legislation and that Smart Cloud has a justifiable ground for such a transfer, such as Our legitimate interest.
How do We secure and retain your Data?
Security is very important to Us. Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Your User Information.
What are Your rights?
You have a right to object to Our processing of Your personal data, access the personal data We hold about you and in certain circumstances request that We port such personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to You or to another third party indicated by You. You also have a right to request that We immediately rectify, block or erase Your personal data.
Blocking and erasure of personal data provided through your use of Our website may only be effected by Us subject that there is no legal and/or contractual obligations incumbent on Us.
If You have provided consent for the processing of data, You have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time, which will otherwise not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Any queries or comments about this Notice should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information and Data Protection Commissioner if You believe that We have not complied with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation or the Data Protection Act with regard to personal data.